Tuesday, February 9, 2010

NO FISH FOR YOU!

Last night we decided to let Kayla try some yummy pickerel that her daddy and brother caught Saturday. She only had a few bites and within 5 minutes she started getting hives on her face.....it progressed to her eye being swollen shut. We cleaned off her highchair and washed her hands and face and thought we would just watch.....make sure she didn't get worse. All of a sudden she started scratching and pulling at her tongue. I packed her up and off to emergency we went.

We were brought in right away. The nurse said she was doing fine, there doesn't seem to be any swelling in her throat. They were going to give her medication by IV but I overhead the doctor and nurse taking about possibly giving it to her orally.....I piped up then and said ORALLY please! So, they gave her some Benadryl and steroids. We had to stay for a few hours so they can observe her.

My darling little girl was an angel. She played, flirted with the doctor and male nurses and was just content. I had packed a bag quickly for her (toys, diapers, bottle) but because I was so panicked, I forgot it at home. The nurse gave me a bottle of Enfamil but Kayla would not take it because she is now used to 1/2 formula and 1/2 milk. She was tired and hungry. At about 9:45 pm (2 hours past her bedtime) she had a meltdown. She started screaming. She just wanted to sleep.

Finally the doctor came in again at 10:30 and said Kayla was looking good, her vitals are great and because she wouldn't eat, we were able to go home. They normally observe for about 6 hours, but he would let us go.

This was the scariest thing ever! Thank God my little munchkin is okay!

So.....NO FISH FOR YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment